Monday, October 29, 2007

09: designing switches


New Designs: Create with Adobe Illustrator

The above images are the newer sync disc designs. Since I'm not sure exactly how many motors I'll be running off these discs, I've made my traces "expandable". I had hoped to learn to write scripts to be able to generate traces for the switches. That will happen at a later date. Better to move one step at a time. I have been using Adobe Illustrator to draw the traces for my discs. I've been creating brushes and using the spiral tool which has produced some really interesting "organic" results. Much more organic than I originally had hoped. I've also been running a few "borrowed" scriptographer scripts and changing the brush patterns for those with decent results. However, I still need to go in and custom cut paths in order to keep the traces separate. I am bound and determined to be etching by tomorrow morning. The Montreal trip is looming largely in the distance...1 wk to go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Marnie, these images are really cool, i was reading through your posts and I'm having a hard time understanding your overall concept. Where ever it's going it seem really interesting. :)

Unknown said...

sorry, just to elaborate on the previous post, i think the people that see your work in person probably understand it... being privy to only your posts, I feel a little disconnected, maybe at some point you can fill me in :)